We’re Ash and Eileen, husband and wife DIY bloggers. Our goal is to help you create a home that YOU love.
If you’re feeling frustrated with your home, then you are in the right place.
I get it. I’ve been there.
I couldn’t stand coming home to completely disorganized and dysfunctional spaces.
Not to mention the rooms in our house that were just plain crazy looking – I’m talking red 70’s carpet with solar system border paper (which was on top of bunny border paper which was on top of floral border paper).
Every time we had parties or friends over, I would spend the days leading up to the party trying to make our home look nicer, wishing I had the time or energy or skills to give it a complete redo makeover.
We were feeling stuck with how our home looked and were without the means or experience to change it.
Making a Change
Little by little, we started working away at the eyesores that we COULD tackle – painting rooms, fixing caulk, installing new closet doors.
Happy with the results, our smaller projects became larger projects. We started to learn more skills and add more tools to the toolbox – literally and figuratively. 🙂
Ash and I have both always loved to dream and create, but we didn’t know that we could also build.
Since you’re on this page reading about how to make your home look nicer, I’m sure that YOU have the drive it takes to learn too.
Our best advice? Start small like we did.
Project by project, I’m sure you will start to surprise yourself.
How can I start?
Sign up for our free e-guide on 5 Steps to Makeover a Room, and start to transform a space in your homes. No matter your ability level, you can definitely start with these steps.
Our goal at Just Measuring Up is to help you take on your dream projects to create a home that you absolutely adore. We have step-by-step tutorials, videos, tips, tricks, pictures, and stories along the way.
Check out some of our favorite room makeovers:
- Mudroom Makeover – The before and after pictures on this one are crazy. This went from our most frustrating room in the house to our favorite little space.
- Craft Room Corner – This is another favorite space – a little corner of vertical storage for all of my crafts. From pegboard to mounted cubbies to simple shelves, the wall storage on this DIY will get your wheels turning 🙂
- $400 Kitchen Cabinet Makeover – Kitchen cabinets can cost a fortune, but if you DIY it, you can save thousands.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us? Check out Ash and Eileen’s story here, including how we met and a certain thing we never built.
We’re making headlines!
- Life Hacker recently wrote an article on Ash’s folding workbench called “This DIY Floating Workbench Folds into Place When It’s Time to Work, Away When You’re Done.”
- Make Magazine also featured Ash’s folding workbench in a post titled “Building a Folding Shop Workbench.”
- Apartment Therapy wrote a piece on our pantry doors. We replaced our old pantry curtains with French doors. It was quite an upgrade and Apartment Therapy featured it in a piece called “Before & After: Adding Some Pretty to the Pantry.”